About Me

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Christmas Therapy 2

This time we are sewing these...they only take 10 minutes to make.
The other day, while waiting at the dentist, I found this design for a Reindeer, in a magazine. I sketched it in my diary and then drew it larger on some white paper, when I got home.

You will need all of these...to make the reindeer.
Pin the cut-out paper Reindeer on to the brown felt (2 layers), and cut out 2, pin them together...
Select some coloured embroidery thread (I didn't have brown, so I used green), and thread up your needle. It's time to start sewing...
Start sewing, start from his belly...use "Running stitch" - - - - - - - it's simple and easy.
Sew all around, leaving an opening under neath. Then stuff small bits of cotton wool inside. A small paint brush will help you, to push the cotton inside, into his antlers.

Finish the sewing.
Use a small bit of green felt and a bell, to make a collar for the Reindeer.
Sew red embroidery thread, for his nose and for a loop on top. Now he's ready to hang on the tree...
Here he is on the tree, the boys love him, and even the cat loves him...
Last year I made angels... (in all different colours),
and stars, the boys even helped.

No comments: